Search This Blog

Friday 29 April 2011

Steelhead Take Cover

Anticipation


I just got a new rod this week--the Sage TCX 7119-4.  I'm looking forward to dry lining steelies with this rod.  My first spey rod was a Sage 9140-4.  While it's an awesome rod, it's a little overpowering for some of the fish and water I frequent.  I think this new 7 weight switch rod will be awesomerrrrrr!  I have a feeling I won't be exercising the 9 weight nearly as often in the future.


Summer Runs


It won't be very long until the summer run steelies start slipping in to some of BC's coastal rivers.  I've tied up a couple new dries to try and I've got a major stock of the old standbys.  I've paired an Islander 4.0 with my new rod.  It seems like the perfect match for the rod and will get its first action very soon.  I'll fill you in on how both the rod and reel perform and how they match up.

No comments:

Post a Comment