Search This Blog

Monday 5 March 2012

Switch Lines & Rods

I haven't sampled the RIO SCANDI SHORT VERSI TIP FLY LINE yet but after watching Simon Gawesworth work them in this video, I'm pretty keen to get my hands on one or two to try on my favourite rods of late--switch rods.  Last year I bought a Sage 7119-4 TCX.  It immediately became my favourite rod.  My single handed 8 weight had previously been dropped by my first two handed rod, the Sage 9140-4.  Now the 9140-4 has been replaced with the 7119-4.  As a result, I've currently got another switch rod on the way--the Sage 8119-4 TCX.  I was planning on fishing the Skagit Flight on the new rod and an older RIO Skagit line on the 7119.  However, I may look to try the Scandi Short versions if I can locate a couple.  Sounds like they were designed specifically for these lighter, shorter switch rods in the exact type of rivers I love to fish.



RIO Scandi Short VersiTip Fly Line from Sol Duc Buck on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment